Monday, May 9, 2011

Hamlet; Favorite film version

 My favorite version of Hamlet is the 19th century version directed by Ken Branagh. The actors play a big role on why this version is my favorite . Claudius was nothing like I expected . I pictured him to be older , and overweight which is completely not the case in the film. Gertrude on the hand was exactly like how I pictured. Ken Branagh did a great job in the type of music selection at the beginning of the film. The music created suspense and a kind of mysterious entrance.The camera angles were also kind of interesting. Cameras were fixated on the actors to capture emotions but also allowed you to catch a glimpse of the background. This film was similar to the book and allowed me to better understand exactly what was going on within the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment